The Gang

The Gang

Friday, September 20, 2013

The Experiment---------Finding humor in RAD

So if you have a child with RAD you know that every day is an adventure. 


Yesterday wasn't a good day. And I believe I need about four more notes to drive home that message.

Teacher emailed at 9:30am.... "She is having an off day" (I smile because I am too) "Anything different in your routine this morning or did she go to sleep late?" Look lady, I have 85 kids. I am pretty sure when the herd of children stampeded down the stairs at 8pm that she was included. I am confident I got a toothpaste and slobber covered kiss at 8:15pm to seal the deal that she was in fact, going to sleep. I also feel quite positive that she woke up to the sound of my voice this morning yelling "KIDS!!! GET UP!!! We are running late!!!! (this is an everyday occurrence so rest assured this isn't the kink). But the one and only thing I can recall being out of the ordinary was the GIANT chocolate/chocolate chip muffin she stuffed down her face for breakfast. Now, mind you, the hubs bought these on a whim and for the ADULTS only but when your kids are responsible for feeding themselves in the morning while you peruse your Facebook feed like the morning paper, you can't be held accountable for their nutritious selections. So like an awesome mom....I blamed everything on the chocolate muffin. Even to the principal....my third school phone call of the day ;)

 And so, just like an awesome mom....and because I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......I decided to test my theory of the GIANT chocolate/chocolate chip muffin theory this morning.....Since this would be the only logical way to find conclusive evidence as to WHY my sweet, precious meth-exposed, traumatized, neglected and ATTACHMENT deficient daughter would punch people in the stomach at school for telling her they don't like her and don't want to be her friend. Eat up sweet pea....eat up.

So for now ......we wait. 

Oh and how did I talk with her about her behavior and the three days detention she is facing? Like only awesome moms do...."Yeah sometimes when people hurt my feelings I want to punch them in the stomach too" Karyn Purvis would be so proud.

Happy Parenting :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Laughing my butt off! I loooove your blog! I can't believe I haven't found such good reading material sooner! You should be so proud of yourself! What an amazing testimony you are sharing with us "strangers". Thank you!

Jessica

The Clinger Family said...

Thanks for laughing with me Jessica! This road can get a little too serious sometimes and we need to just embrace sarcasm and go with it!